Thursday, April 02, 2009

Deco-Man!!


Here is a sneak peek of a project I have been working on lately. It's a mascot for a company in Western Canada called Deco Windshield Repair. This character, naturally, is the "Deco Windshield Repair Man"...the Western Canadian superhero whose sole purpose in life is to repair windshields with his patented (not actually patented) "Repair Gun". It's been super fun to work on so far. I am currently working on Deco-man's arch nemesis, as well as an entire activity booklet that will be handed out to lucky kids of Deco Windshield Repair customers this summer. I'll be posting more of that stuff soon. If you live in Western Canada and have a cracked or chipped Windshield...click on the link above...you may be lucky enough to have Deco-Man HIMSELF repair it! Just keep an eye out for Chip McCracken! (coming soon).

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow – well done. he looks good. so good that I’m sure moms everywhere will dream about leaving their husbands once their windshields have been repaired. Hearts could sprout up spontaneously.

Joel Reynolds said...

Yes! Great work, Benny. One of your best - lots of personality. Love the texture, too.

Adam said...

Super terrific. I'm about to go smash my own windshield just so he'll come fix it! But really, really awesome, Bay.

Brian Evinou said...

Dude, this is so friggin great man. Definitly got that Incredibles feel. So nice. Good name too man. Hilarious. I like the squegee, is that for close combat?

Todd Oman said...

This guys design is awesome Ben, and your clean up and color on makes him almost look 3D it is so good, I am filled with envy now haha.

Aaron Ludwig said...

I can't wait for Chip McCracken. This is super great. Nice design.

Anonymous said...

Hey Ben!

Haven't been to your site in a while. I've always liked your work, but I'm shocked at how much your art has improved since I was here last. Your Deco-man designs are impressive. Did you do the colouring, too?

Keep up the awesome work!

Seth

Anonymous said...

unreal...

button nose

Leocartunista said...

Just awesome stuff...great colors.
Congratulations my friend!!!!!

Rachel said...

Hey Ben! Kids out west will love getting into activities with Deco-Man when he looks this fantabulous!

Hans said...

Hey Benschofigan,

Awesome design and great coloring!!! Sounds like a fun project and can't wait to see the villain!

Heps,

-Hanso...Foundation

tom jolliffe said...

nice man..you are quite the colourer....i would like to subscribe to your news letter

tinylittlesandra said...

Georgous! Buckets of personality... It really shows that you had fun with this one.

Christian Sanhueza said...

Great character design!

Louis Champagne said...

Thats amazing Ben!
Great design
your clean up and colours are impeccable!

Art Fan Ako said...

Nice lookin' superhero!

Michael Dougherty said...

This kicks butt. I love it. I'm new to your blog, but after seeing your stuff, I'll be visiting more often!

kanishk said...

your blog is awesome .....

Work from home